The Republicans control everything and yet they control nothing; and yet they DO nothing.
—Mark Levin, May 17, 2017
Why: The Democrats (incl. the media) and the Establishment Republicans are attempting to destroy the President and his "drain the Swamp" agenda. You decide whether your Congressional politicians are part of the GOP Establishment, but the 8th District's (Burr, Tillis, Hudson) are certainly not helping the President with the good and vital parts of his agenda such as slaying Obamacare and funding the wall.**
Why is it important: The Establishment (both parties) is unified in its mission to protect its power (i.e., the "DC Swamp"). Some are shouting in our faces while others work more passively. However, like a stack of wood, the mutual support network will collapse if it looses some blocks. We can't impact the Democrats, but we have three squishy Republicans who do depend on our votes. Force just a few of these swamp rats to pull out of the "Get Trump" network and the strain on the remaining blocks will collapse the effort.
How: Convince your elected Establishmentarians (Burr, Tillis and Hudson) that whether or not the Swamp drowns the President, you will make them pay for being part of if. Call 2-3 times each week to demand to know what your Senators and Representatives are doing to actively fight back against the smear-and-obfuscation campaign under way against the President. They are using Alinsky's Rules #8 and #11.
What to say and how to say it: Be yourself and speak your own thoughts. It's good to have a list of points that are important to you. Be candid. Don't say anything you don't mean. Don't attack the person on the phone. Address behavior, not motivation (after all, you're not psychic). Be direct and straight to your point. Passion is great but be civil; don't curse or insult. The person answering the phone doesn't make policy (even if s/he does try to argue with you). Just ask your questions (if you have any) and state the action you want the politician to take. A few examples:
- I want to see Richard on television demanding the Speaker introduce wall-funding bill.
- I want Sen Burr to stop using of his committee as platform for repeating rumors and defaming the President.
- Why isn't ("Swampwater") on WRAL condemning the fake news-based attacks on the White House?
- What makes him think that that by protecting the Swamp we'll let him stay in it?
- What is he doing to actively fund the recovery of the military?
- Why haven't I heard him on TV and radio shouting support for the regulatory rollbacks the President has and is making?
- Why is he not killing Obamacare so the Free Market can rescue medicine in America?
- Introducing bills that go nowhere feels a lot like Swampmud is patting me on the head. When am I going to see results??
Wilmington: (910) 251-1058 or (888) 848-1833
Winston-Salem: (336) 631-5125 or (800) 685-8916
Washington DC: (202) 224-3154
Raleigh: (919) 856-4630
High Point: (336) 885-0685
Washington DC: (202) 224-6342
Rockingham: (910) 997-2070
Concord: (704) 786-1612
Washington DC: (202) 225-3715
**Anyone who regularly visits the MTC Website or attends meetings knows that we are not "fanboys" of the President. As constitutionalists and conservatarians, we oppose policies such as protectionism (anti-free market) and the titan "infrastructure" spending scheme (centralized, national debt-growing spending). We do not blindly follow or advocate for any politician.