Concealed Carry Class?
Do you want the class for a concealed carry permit application or a refresher (the laws do change)?
The purpose of this survey is to gauge our community's interest in a CC class. Description:
– Low-cost: We project it to be only $40 (paid in advance; non-refundable)
– One day (8 hours, as required by law)
– Price includes classroom instruction (southern Carthage) and a live-fire test*
– Use of handguns and ammunition are included in the price, or you may bring your own
– Completion will earn you the certificate needed to apply for a concealed carry permit from your local sheriff
*this is not difficult and the instructor will work with you, if needed
Do I have to own a gun to take the class?
No. The instructor has a handgun you may use for the basic shooting test. If you decide to carry, you may purchase a gun, later.
I've never fired a gun before. Is that OK?
Yes. The instructor will give you the guidance you you need. However, if you opt to carry a gun for self-defense, shooting at the range, "dry firing" (no ammunition), mental exercises, practicing your draw and other types of education and training are necessary to make and keep you a comptent armed citizen.
How far in advance will I have to pay and Why will the fee be non-refundable?
Registration and payment will be due two weeks before the class. The instructor is giving us a really good rate and we want to ensure we don't waste his valuable time.
What is the date of the class?
After we close this interest survey, we will know if we're going to do the class, and which day (Sat. or Sun) is is best. Then we can schedule it with the instructor.
Will I lose my money if the class is cancelled?
No. If there is an extraordinary event that requires cancellation, we'll reschedule the class as not additional cost.