Ryan will file a brief with Supreme Court to try to block Obama’s immigration policies. Why? Because Trump is now threatening to cancel DACA, which he correctly condemned as unconstitutional (which it is) when he was a candidate. So, for FIVE YEARS this dictatorial power grab has been in place and the Republicans are only now challenging it? All that this cynical ploy lacks is a long string of show-votes sent to Obama for certain veto like the Republicans did with Obamacare.
This is NOT a "Do Nothing" Congress, it is an "Undermine the President and Maintain An Immense, Overbearing Government That We Control" Congress.
Reality: The Democrats are out-of-the-closet Socialists and Communists, so far from Truman and JFK that those men would be considered "conservatives," by the modern party (think Jim Webb. That is clear.
What about the GOP?
You loyal Republicans need to smell coffee. It's frightening, but you need to do it. You've been assuming that the Republican politicians who say they believe what you do will actually work for what they promise you. How's that working out for you? They cast occasional good votes, yes, but the aggregate is a lie and you know it. Obamacare? The border wall? Tax cuts? Stopping national money funding Planned Parenthood and Public Radio/TV? Stopping Common Core and the insidious (and growing) control on education by the NEA and other neo-Marxist organizations?
"We're only one half of one third of the government. Give us the Senate and..."
"We're only one branch of government. Give us the White House and..."
"The Democrats can filibuster everything we want to do in the Senate. Give us 60 votes and..."
Lies and misdirection. Those who control the GOP are corrupt liars. They are there to cement their control (as the majority or not) and feather their nests.
What can you do?
- Vote against liars, even if they are the "lessor of two evils." Both the bullet and the "lessor" poison will kill the Republic just the same. Show the GOP the lies won't fly.
- Stop donating to your political and party and send your money only to the candidates you actually want in office.
- Browbeat your NC General Assembly representatives to push and vote for the Convention of States.
- Write short, polite, to-the-point notes to the President and your U.S. Senators and Representative in D.C.
- If you're a Moore County Republican, ask your county and state party officials what the goal is. "Are we simply here to elect and re-elect R's?" If they give you some variant of the "lessor of two evils" mantra, call them out. Ask them why they aren't finding and running people who will actually push your party's platform.